What are the penalties for a Third DUI conviction in Tennessee?
With a third DUI conviction the penalties become progressively more serious:
- The mandatory minimum jail time for a 3rd offense is 120 days and the maximum jail time is 11 months and 29 days
- Your license will be revoked for 3 years with no restricted license (back and forth to work) available to you
- You could lose your vehicle
- You will be ordered by the court to go to DUI School
- There is an $1,100 minimum fine and a $10,000 maximum fine
- The judge will order you to install, at your expense, an ignition interlock device when you reinstate your license. The judge may also require you to obtain drug and alcohol treatment
Don’t plead guilty without consulting an attorney… and don’t put your future in the hands of a cheap lawyer. Hiring an experienced and knowledgeable DUI lawyer is your best option. Attorney David Ridings, as a former police officer, has made numerous DUI arrests and knows how cases are built from the streets. Because the penalties can range from years in prison to lifetime revocation of your license, we are here to investigate the circumstance of your charges and fight for your innocence.
In mounting a strong defense, Attorney David Ridings knows that all the pieces of a solid defense must include the determination that your rights have not been violated during any part of the process. He also evaluates whether or not the police have administered the Field Sobriety Tests according to their training. There are actually 14 training manuals that govern how the police build a DUI case. Ask your attorney if he has ANY of them… much less ALL of them. Attorney David Ridings is one of very few attorneys that takes defending DUI cases seriously. He is a member of the National College for DUI Defense (NCDD), Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (TACDL), and owns all 14 training manual used by the officers. (both student and instructor editions).
Don’t trust your DUI case with an attorney with anything less than that kind of experience.
If you’ve been arrested for DUI, contact Ridings Law Group, P.C. for experienced legal advice and representation you can trust.
Call 615-851-1888 today to discuss your DUI/DWI arrest!
Nashville Criminal Attorney Blog
Se Habla Español
Get Legal Representation with
First Hand Knowledge of How
the Police Officer Thinks!
211 Union Street, Suite 205
Nashville, TN 37201
View Larger Map
Knowing your rights can
save you alot of trouble.
Let us help you be informed.
Do you know what to do when
you see this in the rearview mirror?